The days of the iPad could be numbered. That’s because the Kindle Fire has finally been launched after a lot of speculation in the market about its release date. The experts are already saying that this new Kindle Fire, the latest smart gadget from Amazon could potentially be an iPad killer. Whether it actually does so, and how the iPad bounces back is yet to be seen of course. But one thing is already been predicted, and this is that, the new Kindle Fire is sure to thrill an entire generation of people who have followed these Kindles for a while now. It comes with all the features of older versions, and there are a few additions too. The early reports are extremely positive as well. Consumers who have tried this gadget from Amazon feel that it lives up to the high expectations.
So it seems that for the first time, we have some competition for the iPad. This new Kindle has been launched by Amazon on November 15th 2011, amid a lot of fanfare. There have been many published reports that it has the potential to emerge as the leading digital book reader. Many people who are interested in the iPad are taking a serious look at this real alternative. Here are a few reasons that make this a great gadget.
The Kindle Fire is cheaper than iPad
The Kindle Fire will cost you just $199. Compared to this, the iPad starts from $499 – that’s a whole lot more than the new Kindle. In fact, the iPad costs so much more that you can even buy one more Kindle and give it to somebody as a gift, and then too, you will be able to save about $100. It is really extremely difficult to justify why the iPad costs so much more.
You will get the Kindle Fire with the guarantee from Amazon
Often, you will get tablets from companies that are not quite well known. They offer a lot, but end up delivering much less. That’s because, quite often, these products are not made with the best quality materials. But with the Kindle Fire, you don’t have to worry about this. Kindles sell more than any other product on Amazon, though there are thousands of items on display at this leading online store. And you will be happy to know that the Fire is currently the showpiece item of Amazon. They want to be proud of what they are offering here, and this is why, you can certainly depend on what you are getting. After all, the reputation of Amazon is at stake here.
Kindle Fire – the salient features
Here are some of the main features of the Fire that make it stand out.
• It has a seven inch color display. The touch screen display has 1024×6000 display resolution.
• The internal storage memory is 8GB.
• This device has 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity.
• The Kindle Fire is extremely lightweight. It weighs a mere 413 grams.
• It is extremely handy. It will fit into the inside pocket of your jacket or a large purse easily.
• Amazon Cloud provides you unlimited content storage abilities. Cloud Storage will allow you to access millions of books, movies, music and apps from the Kindle store and the library anytime.
• Just charge your device once, and you will be able to use it for 8 hours straight.
• You can choose from more than 100,000 movies as well as television shows and download just what you want to watch.
• Like the other Kindles, here too, you can of course read books, newspapers and magazines. Though the Kindle Fire is a media machine, but it primarily remains a digital book reader.
• It comes with all the favorite games and apps.
• This device comes with a headphone jack, and the stereo speakers have been built into it.
• It is powered by a fast and powerful dual-core processor.
Kindle Fire – shortcomings
The major shortcoming of the Kindle Fire is that, this gadget is at this time only available for people in the United States. And so, people from South Africa and the other countries cannot order this device now. There was a time not so long ago that Amazon used to ship all their Kindles just to people who placed their orders from the United States. But thankfully, this policy has been changed since then. Thus, you can certainly expect that the Fire will also be made available to people from overseas soon enough. After all, it has just been launched. We have to give some time to Amazon here. There are absolutely no reasons why Amazon would like to limit the sale of the Kindle Fire just within the US in the long-term, while the other gadgets are being sold worldwide.
Some people have also commented that the Kindle Fire does not have any cellular capabilities. Because of this, you will not be able to connect this device to your cellular network. It will however be able to connect to a wireless network. Others have complained that this gadget does not come with a camera. However it needs to be remembered here that the new Kindle is primarily a reader, and that’s the area where Amazon has concentrated to deliver improvements over the previous versions. And so, if you are primarily looking for a digital book reader, then you can excuse Amazon for this.
You can certainly buy the Kindle Fire, the new digital reading device from Amazon. It has been launched barely a month back, but already about 8,000 people have purchased this new Kindle at the Amazon online store. It has been rated highly as well. 68% of all users have rated this product 4 or higher on a scale of 5. Overall, the Kindle Fire has achieved a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars. If you are somebody who loved using the latest and the smartest gadgets, then this Kindle Fire is certainly for you.